Erectile Dysfunction: Diseases That Magnify the Risk Of Impotency
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by lots of factors including medical conditions (like Thyroid problems, low testosterone levels), injuries to the pelvic area or the spinal cord, medication (for treating depression or blood pressure), abuse of alcohol and drugs, smoking, connection issues, strain and high anxiety levels among others; but men who suffer from the below mentioned diseases are at particular risk of experiencing some sort of erectile problems.
The men who bear from the following diseases have a much higher chance of developing erectile dysfunction and should take note that they may need separate treatment to combat this problem:
- Diabetes: Men who suffer from diabetes are more likely than not going to face some sort of erection problems and this is a cause of major concern in countries like India which has become the diabetes assets of the world. As the cases of diabetes magnify so do the cases of erectile dysfunction and unluckily most of them who face impotency don’t even realize that their medical condition may be the cause of this.
- High Blood Pressure: This and any extra blood vessel diseases can also cause ED.
- Stroke: There is a higher occurrence of erectile dysfunction in men who have suffered a stroke particularly if they are smokers or suffer from some other diseases like diabetes, hypertension or are overweight.
- Multiple Sclerosis: This situation affects the central nervous system and can cause impotency, though the cases of multiple sclerosis are comparatively lower in India than in western countries especially when compared to the United States of America.
- Heart Ailments: A healthy heart is necessary for the proper flow of blood in the body including to the pelvic area and men who suffer from any kind of heart problems are particularly susceptible to ED.
So if you are suffering from any of the above mentioned diseases then it is vital that you talk with your doctor or a sexologist if you feel a lower sex drive or encounter problems with getting and maintaining an erection. Do not self medicate by annoying out ODC medication and only take treatment prescribed by your doctor or a Experienced sexologist.