Five Relationship Issues That Can Cause Depression
Depression is basically a disturbed state of mind that directly affects your thoughts, behavior and well being. It can be related to relationships problems that would include grief, guilt, restlessness, aloneness or isolation. When you suffer depressed, you tend to separate yourself from the world around and start thinking about the reason behind the turmoil in your relationship.
This continuous depression affects your ability to ponder and think, and hence you cannot perform properly and can’t take decisions wisely. As a outcome of this, you even fail to locate solutions to your relationship problems and you are more likely to say positive things, which you may not mean and these can escort to further aggravation.
Hence, it’s very important to know what’s going wrong in your relationship and why you are facing tough times with your partner. Some of the main reasons are listed below:
1. If your partner’s behavior towards you is not as preferred, you tend to think a lot and remain depressed. There are times when your partner behaves poorly with you, talks impolitely, and disrespects your approach and emotions and it gets tough to tolerate behavior.
2. At times when you are feeling low, you want emotional and bodily support from your partner and if at that tip of time, they are not with you; there are odds that you feel dejected and disowned. In this case, your partner fails to appreciate and respect your needs and hence you get depressing thoughts.
3. Sexual dissatisfaction between partners is another key factor that can contribute to depression. When you are powerless to satisfy your partner sexually or you are not getting any kind of sexual satisfaction from them, this state forces you to go into a condition of depression and feel guilty within your heart. Try to recognize your sexual problems and get them treated by a qualified medical professional.
4. In a relationship, you often seek to spend quality time with your partner, but if they tend to disregard your attendance and appear reluctant to enjoy any romantic moments in your company, you think like being used and as a result take a lot of tension that leads to sadness.
5. In an attempt to enjoy a blissful relationship, you try by any and all means to remain your partner joyful. But there are times when the other partner simply pays no attention to your gestures and rather insults your special feelings towards them. In such a condition, you have no other selection but to feel bad and lonesome and become a victim of depression.
So as you can see the type of relationship that you have with your partner is crucial for your mental health. It is very vital to not keep your emotions and dissatisfaction about the way your partner treats you pent up inside of you. Communicate obviously with him/her and let them know how you feel. You can even try couple’s treatment to sort out the problems and if in spite of this things don’t work out, and then maybe it’s time for you to move on and save yourself unnecessary misery.